Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saved by a phrase

Something that has been on my mind for several weeks since watching a very powerful video by Ray VanderLaan.

There is a phrase that Christ used at Gethsemane that saved us all. Knowing what was to come and the horrible torture and death He was to endure, the human Jesus prayed to the Father to "take this cup from me." This is when he prayed so strong that it brought blood, remember?
I don't know about you, but as a human - and Christ WAS both fully human and fully divine - I would do most anything to avoid the beatings and crucifixion. Being the weak human that most of us are, I probably would have cut and run.

But Christ didn't!

If you remember further, He finished that prayer by saying the phrase that saved us all. One that we all need to keep in mind and live by daily. The phrase?

"Your will, Father. Not mine."

Aren't ya glad !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archived Posts